Korda Metro Riding Jacket
Korda Metro Riding Jacket is a true-blue urban commuter jacket with the specs to back it up. The KORDA® Metro jacket is a lightweight, comfortable, feature-rich everyday protection garment for your ride to and from work or for short weekend rides. This is an excellently priced-for-features jacket that offers a premium protection suite in a trendy, stylish bundle that boasts many of KORDA’s signature features.
Korda Metro Riding Jacket Features:
KORDA believes that at the core of a great riding jacket is the careful selection of technical fabric. The primary purpose of the outer fabric shell of the jacket is to provide abrasion protection, and serve as a sturdy garment to hold the impact armour in place during a crash.
- The Metro jacket uses a Dynatec™ HTP textile construction. This high tensile woven fabric is tailored with an eye to achieve an ideal strength to weight ratio which is a KORDA® hallmark and provides the rider with a light yet resilient protective garment. The final jacket is lightweight enough for all day comfort and yet strong enough to withstand the demands of all-day riding.
- The stylish chassis is paired with panels of SupraMesh™ woven aramid fabric for superb ventilation in even the most humid civic conditions.
- In addition, all foundation panels are stitched with super strong bonded nylon thread in our proprietary DuraStitch™ pattern.
A high value jacket that does not compromise on safety. All the protectors in the KORDA range are made from the latest generation visco-elastomeric composite armour and is designed to offer maximum comfort to the rider while worn yet absorb the maximum impact in a crash. All the impact protectors used in the Metro jacket are Level 2 certified. Level 2 protectors are actually designed for track or advanced rider use and defines that the maximum transmitted force or impact must be below 9kN. The armour is also test validated T+T- for stability in thermal extremes of -10°C to +40°C. So whatever the environmental conditions, your armour will remain in peak performance. All protectors are supplied by our partner SafeTech srl. Italy, who are pioneers in nano-tech composite armour.
Limb Armour – CE certified EN1621-1: 2012 Level 2 limb protectors for both the shoulders and elbows. This is the highest standard of armour currently available in motorcycle protection in the world.
Back Armour – CE certified EN1621-2: 2014 Level 2 back protector. This is the highest standard of armour currently available in motorcycle protection in the world. The KORDA® Metro jacket also uses a larger than normal back armour size in order to provide maximum coverage.
The Metro jacket is designed with reflective panels and trims from 3M™ ScotchLite™ reflectives that ensure that the rider is visible even in low light conditions. This material has been the gold standard in reflective fabric for many decades and is known for high performance and durability. Stay visible – stay safe!
KORDA garments are known for their drape because they are tailored with select materials and utilise laser pattern makers and the Metro is no exception. The jacket has been meticulously designed by KORDA designers to ensure a proper fit using the company’s proprietary SecureFit™ size matrix to ensure that the armours stay snugly in place and yet offer the rider greater freedom of movement.
Ergonomics & Comfort:
- The KORDA Metro features ergonomic styling cues like pre-curved sleeves to prevent fabric bunching and an asymmetric waist pattern to ensure the jacket doesn’t ride up when the rider is crouched.
- Other clever innovations are the ergonomically placed pockets and easy-grip zipper pullers so that the rider always has easy reach.
- Ventilation is ensured by the strategically positioned SupraMesh™ panels that are integrated to the chassis. KORDA’s superior design styling ensures that the Metro jacket has proper inlet and exhaust panels to facilitate superior air flow.
KORDA takes immense pride and care in the design of its products. Because of the ideal strength-to-weight ratio selection of fabrics, the Metro is also one of the lightest L2 armoured motorcycle jackets in the market.
All KORDA jackets are covered by a TWO Year manufacturer’s warranty that guarantees the product against any quality issues or manufacturing defects.