ViaTerra Claw(72L) waterproof tailbag
The 100% Waterproof ViaTerra Claw is the improved version of the universal luggage system that is compatible with almost all motorcycles (comes with an inner 100% waterproof liner and external rain cover). The POD 12 and the compression bag shown in the gallery needs to be purchased separately.
Upgraded to a wide ROLL TOP opening, the ViaTerra Waterproof Claw variant comes with a seam sealed inner waterproof liner along with the external raincover making it 100% WATERPROOF and able to withstand the heavy monsoon rains. This version builds in all the coveted features that make the Claw, our most popular bag in India and internationally.
With a 72L capacity, this ALL WEATHER TAILBAG carries enough for a 2-3 week trip (if you pack right!) and works on almost all motorcycles. Using the MOLLE loop system, you can choose to add on a 2/3 person camping tent, a sleeping bag or the POD 12L/ POD 22L expanders to better organize & separate out your stuff. The bag comes with an inner waterproof ripstop liner, an external rain cover and a detachable shoulder belt.
ViaTerra Claw(72L) – waterproof tailbag Features:
- Main compartment with ROLL TOP opening to enhance 100% waterproofing while making it easy to compress any extra volume. The top opening is rolled down and secured with a strap + buckle closure to secure it in place.
- 100% waterproof inner drybag liner rated for 5000mm water pressure and seam sealed on all stitches to withstand heavy rains
- 2 side pockets to carry fuel, tools, bottles, first-aid kit or other quick-access items – capacity is big enough to take a 5L jerry can
- 2 zipper pockets on the side flaps as additional pockets for storing rain cover & shoulder belt
- 1 easy access zipper pocket on the top to keep bike papers, wallet, maps or other small/flat items etc.
- 1 inside mesh zipper pocket to keep memory cards or other small items
- 2 MOLLE webbing straps to add on whatever you need in a modular fashion – tents/ sleeping bags or increase capacity with the POD 12L and/ or POD 22L expanders
- 2 compression straps on top of the bag that lets you cinch down additional luggage even without bungees. The compression straps along with the roll top design hold your gear snugly in place especially when the bag is not fully packed.
- Removable mounting straps for easy movement off the bike with mesh pockets for the straps – simple to store and easy to find when needed
- Original 3M Reflectosafe tape on rear and sides for added visibility in low light conditions
- Bottom bumpers secured to the bottom to protect the bag fabric from abrasion when placed on the ground
- External Raincover constructed from a single fabric piece for superior waterproofing with reflective sticker for additional visibility
Materials & Durability:
- Tough high-denier fabric exterior for extreme durability
- Soft plush interior lining in gray color for better visibility of packed items
- Triple stitch on all joints for improved strength
- Foam padding on all sides for better shape retention
- Tough, long-lasting plastic reinforcement on corners
- Original heavy duty YKK pullers, sliders & zipper tape for extra durability and smooth operation on all zips
- Original 3MTM ScotchliteTM reflective tape for long lasting visibility in low light conditions
- Tough, tear-resistant polyester webbing used all through
- Bar tacked at all stress points for added reinforcement
Carrying & handling:
- Removable shoulder strap for easy movement off the bike – with a special pocket on the side flaps for storage
- 2 side grab handles for adjusting the bag during mounting or removing the bag easily when unmounting
- Removable mounting straps with mesh pockets for the straps – simple to store and easy to find when needed
Universal Mounting in video:
- Specially chosen mount positions for better stress distribution with higher dual side adjustment to reduce forward lean
- 4 Point anchoring system makes it a breeze to load and unload
- One strap goes under the tail lamp to prevent the bag from sliding forward
- Two straps loop through the rear footpeg stays to secure the bag in place
- Simple Double-D ring mounting and does not require any additional stays/racks
Bike Specific Mounting in video:
IMPORTANT NOTE to adjust the webbing length as per the mounting requirements for your specific bike model
- First, secure the double D-Ring and mark the webbing after 4-5 inches
- Cut the rest of the extra webbing
- Burn the edges of the cut part of the webbing to stop it from fraying off.
- These steps are necessary to avoid the extra webbing from getting caught up in the chain.
- Capacity ~72 liters
- Weight 1.9 kg
- Dimensions Long edge: 69 cm, Wide edge: 35 cm, Height: 41 cm
- Tough, tear resistant 1200D x 1200D outer fabric with PVC coating
- 300D x 300D ripstop fabric with PU coating
- 200D x 200D waterproof liner fabric with PU coating
- 150D x 150D inner lining
- 68D x 68D raincover fabric
- YKK pullers, YKKTM sliders and YKKTM zipper chain
- 3M ScotchliteTM 8906 silver fabric trim reflective tape (RA=500 cd/lux/m2)
- Fittings from an ISO 9001 certified vendor
Included in the package:
- Claw Roll Top Tailbag – 1 no
- 100% Waterproof Inner Liner – 1 no
- External Raincover – 1 no
- Removable Shoulder Belt – 1 no
- Removable Mounting straps – 2 no
1 year warranty
Note: Plastic fittings and colour of the raincovers may change without prior notice